This figure looks a bit like a rope with knots tied in it. A series of these knots looks like a graceful leaf. This is one of my favorite elements: it's easy to do, and it can be used to quickly make large, expressive leafy designs..
1) You can get a merit badge if you learn to tie your knots perfectly!
2) Draw your henna line into a loop, then make a tight scribble, like you're tying a knot.3) Tie knot after knot, in a row, and decrease the size with each knot.
When you do this in henna, let the paste form a little blob.
4) Practice doing strings of knots to make leaves reaching for the sunshine.
5) Practice doing strings of knots to make leaves drooping from the rain.
6) Make the knots curl over like fern leaves.
7) Make the knots over and under.
8) Practice different numbers of knots for smaller and larger leaves.
9) Start growing ferns with your knots!
10) Knot leaf ferns make great easy arm bands.
Want to earn that merit badge?
Click here or on the image above for more knotty patterns!
Go back to the Index of Henna Pattern Elements
Can't find what you want here? Go to the Main Index
Want to become a Certified Henna Artist? Click on the image below!
Want great downloadable henna pattern books
that teach you how to put simple patterns together
to make beautiful complex designs??
Visit TapDancing Lizard.com!
Can't find what you want here? Go to the Main Index!