answer to my question from scientists network

[ Follow-ups ] [ Post Follow-up ] [ The Henna Page Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by atul_mulay@hotmail.com on March 27, 2000 at 04:16:47:

atul_mulay@hotmail.com
Inbox Compose Addresses Folders Options Help
henna chem.

From: webadmin@www.madsci.org (The MAD Scientist Network) Save Address - Block Sender
To: atul_mulay@hotmail.com (No name entered.) Save Address
Subject: VRD - henna, what is the science behind it?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:02:27 -0600 (CST)
Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close

Re: VRD - henna, what is the science behind it?
There are many sights on henna on internet But none of them is supported
>by scientist.
>My intrest is that someone sientist should tell me the science behind
>henna .
>what chemical reaction does takes place while tinting skin or staining
>skin when it is applied on skin?& is it possible to extract the chemical
>which stains skin from henna leaves?
>Thanking you.

Henna, also called Mehndi, is a temporary body decoration that looks like
>a tatoo but isn't.

Greetings --

Your question was not submitted to the MAD Scientist Network
for the following reason:

Running a search on MEDLINE may help you with your question

MEDLINE is an online database of all literature pertaining to
topics in medicine and the biological sciences. You can search
for resources and articles via the many WWW interfaces, including:
PUBMED: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
ENTREZ: http://www4.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/basic.html

I put in "henna OR mehndi" into Medline and found several articles, although
many
of them did not have abstracts associated with them. It appears that these
compounds
are somewhat hazardous--causing mild to severe allergic reactions in some cases.
This
may be why no 'scientist' has really endorsed it...

In addition, many sections of the MadSci Library provides links to
sites discussing topics related to the biomedical sciences:

http://www.madsci.org/libs

Mike Crawford, Admin The MAD Scientist Network

The MAD Scientist Network
http://www.madsci.org/
webadmin@www.madsci.org

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow-ups ] [ Post Follow-up ] [ The Henna Page Forum ] [ FAQ ]