with decorating tips and carrot bags
by Natasha Papousek
Crescent Moon Designs
henna artist: San Diego, Ca.
1. You will need a carrot bag (or a cake decorating cone which tends to be a bit stiffer), a cake-decorating tip (Wilton is the most common brand in the US, but other brands are excellent, too) and a cake-decorating coupler. It's important to make sure that your tip fits your coupler. If they are both made by the same company, they should fit. My coupler is made by Wilton and fits all my Wilton tips, and also a few tips that Kree sent me made by a Korean manufacturer.
2. Cut the tip of the bag.
3. Insert the large part of the coupler into the bag so the top sticks out of the end. The plastic of the cone should be fairly snug against the threads of the coupler's screw.
4. Put the tip over the top of the coupler and make sure any extra plastic from the cone is inside the tip.
5. Screw the ring of the coupler over the body of the coupler. Make sure you screw the plastic of the carrot bag with the ring. I think of it as a sandwich -- bottom part of the coupler, carrot bag end and coupler ring -- This seals everything so the henna does not leak out.
6. Add paste and close the end of the cone. And you're ready to go!
All text and images on this page
all rights reserved
The Henna Page
Back to "How" Index
How do you find out "how"?
Can't find what you want here?
Try The Henna Page